Monday, May 14, 2012

Sacrifice, the Word That Stifles Change


 No scratch that, I am an obsessive reader! If there are words printed I have to read them.
 I just got tired of reading the same box every day.


There is a word I often see used in these "change your life" books.
 I cringe when I see it used in a specific context.
 They say you will have to make sacrifices in your life to get the things you want.
 How many times have you see in movies where one of the characters 'sacrifices' his life for the others.
" Or what about the stories of primitive cultures sacrificing young maidens to appease the gods?

Yes I know I am taking it to extremes.
 There are not many positive associations for the word 'sacrifice' that does not make people think they are going to lose out or lose big time.
 They are not sacrificing their leisure time they are trading an hour of television time for a constructive activity that takes them closer to their desired goal.


When we go to the movies we do not think that we are sacrificing our money we think that we are trading it for something of equal or greater value.
 You will accomplish more and so will those you coach or encourage.

No comments:

Post a Comment